Re: 'newbie' profile - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Anastasios Hatzis
Subject Re: 'newbie' profile
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Josh,

> Particularly, we could use your help with distributing releases to the
> non-English-speaking press; what languages do you speak?   Do you have tech
> press addresses in Europe?

My native language is German and our project office is in Berlin.
Acceptance of and support for open source software is growing in
Germany, particularly in government and public authorities (City of
Munich is one of many examples). I suppose, there are already people
providing PostgreSQL press releases in German language, as I saw at
http://www.pgsql.info/ by Cornelia Boenigk.

Nevertheless, if additional support is useful and appreciated, I would
like to contribute. I still have some contacts to German press from
earlier projects, and in any case we are preparing PR activities for our
project (also for open source bundle CapStone, in so doing indirectly
for PostgreSQL), so extension of press contacts is continuing. If you
want, I could help to translate PostgreSQL press releases (like v7.4)
into German, create a German PostgreSQL press kit, or I may distribute
press releases for P via our list. Furthermore it wouldn't be any
problem for me to bring PostgreSQL especially out, because I think, that
most of the people I speak with could be interested in more specific
informations about PostgreSQL. As our activities are in progress, it may
need some time to be efficient for PostgreSQL.  These are my first ideas
how to contribute for the purpose of public relations. What do you think
about? Do you have other suggestions? BTW: When do you plan to publish
v7.4 press release?

--

International Technology
Holding Corp.