Re: - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re:
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Bruce Momjian writes:
>
> > The strange thing is that accoring to template/freebsd, libc_r was
> > _added_ in FreeBSD 5.0, while most OS are moving away from separate
> > threaded libs.
>
> The template is wrong.  libc_r has existed in FreeBSD for quite a while,
> but your're not supposed to use it directly.  Instead, you use the flag
> -pthread, which takes care of libc_r and possibly other things (possibly
> more things than we like?).  In fact, if you specify -lc_r directly, then
> the compiler driver will also link in the normal libc, resulting in
> complete desaster.

How is the template wrong?  The following code was gotten from a FreeBSD
user.  Should the top case be used with all FreeBSD's?case $host_os in                freebsd2*|freebsd3*|freebsd4*)
                   THREAD_CFLAGS="-pthread"                        NEED_REENTRANT_FUNC_NAMES=yes
;;               *)                        THREAD_LIBS="-lc_r"                        NEED_REENTRANT_FUNC_NAMES=yes
                  ;;esac

Pennsylvania19073