Re: 7.4 Press Release -- Draft #3 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: 7.4 Press Release -- Draft #3
Date
Re: 7.4 Press Release -- Draft #3  (Andrew Sullivan <andrew@libertyrms.info>)
List pgsql-advocacy
Andrew,

> On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 09:13:34AM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> > "If you tried PostgreSQL before, and it wasn't quite fast enough,
> > and you went with Oracle, it's time to re-evaluate," suggests Rod
>
> Can I suggest you use "something else" instead of "Oracle"?  I know
> it's weasely, but Oracle has lawyers and they're not afraid to use
> them.

How could Oracle sue us for claiming to be as good or faster?   MySQL does
this all the time, and I don't see that it's landed them in any legal hot
water.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions