Re: 7.4 Press Release --ASAP! - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: 7.4 Press Release --ASAP!
Date
Re: 7.4 Press Release --ASAP!  (Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca>)
Re: 7.4 Press Release --ASAP!  (Sean Chittenden <sean@chittenden.org>)
Re: 7.4 Press Release --ASAP!  (The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@postgresql.org>)
List pgsql-advocacy
People,

May I point out that we are 9 days from release?   Let's get cracking.
Especially since we need to give the translators time to do their version!

Can someone post the current version of the release draft?

I will handle e-mailing the press.   My current target list is:

Stephen    Shankland    senior staff writer    CNET News.com
Todd    Weiss    General Assignment Reporter    Computerworld newspaper
Nina    Lytton    Editor    Crossroads OSA
Daniel    Fishman    Contributing Editor    Database Trends & Applicatoins
Malcolm    Dean    Editor    DesktopLinux.com
Scot    Petersen    News Editor    eWEEK
Peter    Weissenstein    Freelancer    Freelancer
Stephen    Diamond    Micro View Editor    IEEE Micro Magazine
Steve    Gillmore    Test Center Director    InfoWorld
Jacqueline    Emigh    Correspondent    Internet.com
Mike    Cassidy    Managing Partner    ISPortal
Takaaki    Higuchi    Secretary General    Japan Linux Association
George    Pajari    Correspondent    LinuxGram
Reg    Charney    Contributing Editor    Linux Journal
Heather    Mead    Senior Editor    Linux Journal
JASON    PERLOW    SR. TECHNOLOGY EDITOR    LINUX MAGAZINE
Mike    Angelo    Editor Analyst    MozilloQuest Magazine
Jim    Sumser    Editor    OReilly and Associates
Tom    McLoughlin    newsleter editor    San Francisco PC Users Group
James    McHugh    Contributing Editor    SF ACM SIGGRAPH
George    Mattathil    Analyst    Silicon Valley Business Ink
John    Cargile    Managing Editor    Software Business Magazine
Andrew    Binstock    Contributing Editor    Software Development Times
Elizabeth    Heiny    Reporter    TuxReports
Todd    Volz    Associate Editor    ZDNet Tech Update

... plus self-post on Newsforge.

Please look this over to see if there's anyone we should add or who isn't in
the list.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions