Re: Sanity check requested - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Vincent van Leeuwen
Subject Re: Sanity check requested
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 2003-07-17 10:41:35 -0500, Nick Fankhauser wrote:
> I'm using ext2. For now, I'll leave this and the OS version alone. If I

I'd upgrade to a journaling filesystem as soon as possible for reliability.
Testing in our own environment has shown that PostgreSQL performs best on ext3
(yes, better than XFS, JFS or ReiserFS) with a linux 2.4.21 kernel. Be sure to
mount noatime and to create the ext3 partition with the correct stripe size of
your RAID array using the '-R stride=foo' option (see man mke2fs).

Vincent van Leeuwen
Media Design - http://www.mediadesign.nl/