Re: (trigger function) -> ERROR: NEW used in non-rule query - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: (trigger function) -> ERROR: NEW used in non-rule query
Date
Re: (trigger function) -> ERROR: NEW used in non-rule query  (Terence Kearns <terencek@cts.canberra.edu.au>)
List pgsql-sql
Terence,

> Oh well, can't win them all :/

Nope.  I'll suggest that for the TODO list ... we already have several
requests for added features for PL/pgSQL.   The problem is that we currently
don't have a lead developer for PL/pgSQL, so the language has rather
stagnated.

> Well I suppose I could try TCL. The problem is that there is little to
> no documentation on postgres stored procedures in TCL and I've never
> even seen the language before. None the less, I'll look into it. It's
> almost worth it. If that fails, I may even try perl <shudders>.

And what's wrong with Perl?   Other than the inability to write triggers with
it?  (We want to enable triggers in PL/perl, but that functionality isn't
coming until at least 7.5).

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions