Re: Criteria for contrib/ versus gborg? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Criteria for contrib/ versus gborg?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 06:35:38PM -0400, Robert Treat wrote:
> is this code really a "replacement" for rserv? There has been work on
> rserv in contrib that I'm guessing was not used in the commercial
> version. are we better off calling this rserv2 or something and letting
> both projects stand side by side?

Good point: this code branched back in the summer of 2001, and hasn't
had anything to do with the rserv code since.  So perhaps both should
live.

> as the person doing the legwork, do you see one location or the other as
> a hindrance to getting the release done?

Not to me, no.  But since I can't commit the changes to CVS, someone
else would have to do that.  Mind you, last time I tried to set up a
project on gborg, I couldn't get it to work after 4 hours, and gave
up.

----
<andrew@libertyrms.info>                              M2P 2A8                                        +1 416 646 3304
x110