Re: Criteria for contrib/ versus gborg? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: Criteria for contrib/ versus gborg?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 16:19, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> pro contrib/:
> - it's not that big, and since it's replacing code now there, it
>   won't bloat the tarball
>
> pro gborg:
> - allows rserv to attain a separate release schedule, and there's
>   plenty of work to do on this code, so it may see changes faster
>   than the main PostgreSQL tree.

is this code really a "replacement" for rserv? There has been work on
rserv in contrib that I'm guessing was not used in the commercial
version. are we better off calling this rserv2 or something and letting
both projects stand side by side?

as the person doing the legwork, do you see one location or the other as
a hindrance to getting the release done?

Robert Treat