Re: Problem with temporary table -- Urgent - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: Problem with temporary table -- Urgent
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Thu, 10 Jul 2003, Vijay Kumar wrote:

> Hi,
> We are using postgresql 7.3.3, we are encountering the following problems when we used temporary tables.
>
> Here with i'm sending my Sample function.
>
> create or replace function TestTemp_refcur(refcursor) returns refcursor As '
> declare
>  refc alias for $1;
>         lString Varchar(4000);
> begin
>         lString := '' CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION TESTTEMP() RETURNS varchar as ''''
>
>         BEGIN '';
>         lString  := lString ||  '' create temporary table temp_Table( Name Numeric);'';
>
>         lString := lString || '' insert into temp_Table values (1); '';
>
>         lString := lString || '' insert into temp_Table values (2);'';
>
>         lString := lString || '' return null; end;'''' language ''''plpgsql'''';'';
>
>         raise notice '' Notice is % '', lString;
>         execute lString;

Okay, this create a function which would create the table and insert some
stuff.  But you don't actually appear to call it afaics.

>  open refc for select * from temp_Table;

I think you may need to use open for execute here as well to make it work
with temporary tables in any case.