Re: Datatype conversion help - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Michael A Nachbaur
Subject Re: Datatype conversion help
Date
List pgsql-sql
You want to use:

nachbaur=# select to_char(5, '00');to_char
--------- 05
(1 row)

By using "0", you indicate you want leading zeros.  See
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/view.php?version=7.3&idoc=1&file=functions-formatting.html
for more information.

On Tuesday 08 July 2003 01:07 pm, Yasir Malik wrote:
> Suppose I have an integer between 0 and 99 and I want to covert it to
> string, and pad leading zeros if neccessary.  For example,
> 1  => 01
> 10 => 10
>
> I've tried to_char(in_val, '99'), and that returns a string that is two
> charecters, but there isn't a leading zero incase I have the number 2 as
> input.  Any ideas?  Thanks.
> Yasir

/* Michael A. Nachbaur <mike@nachbaur.com>* http://nachbaur.com/pgpkey.asc*/

"Oh no, not again."