Re: Concat and view - Re: create view error - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Gary Stainburn
Subject Re: Concat and view - Re: create view error
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Monday 07 Jul 2003 1:36 pm, you wrote:
> On Monday 07 Jul 2003 1:07 pm, Richard Huxton wrote:
> > On Monday 07 Jul 2003 12:40 pm, Gary Stainburn wrote:
> > >       left outer join
> > >         (select lnumber from lnumbers) ln on ln.lnid = l.lid and
> >
> >                   ^^^^^^^                      ^^^^^^^
> >
> > > ERROR:  No such attribute or function ln.lnid
> >
> > Is is this?
>
> Yup, thanks to both of you for this answer.
>
> Is there any way to do this so that lnid is not visible in the resulting
> view?

I've managed to get the view I wanted by using sub-selects - as shown below,
but I now have the 'lid' field showing in the resulting view three times (as
lid, lnid and lnaid).  How can I remove lnid and lnaid from the result?

create view loco_dets as select * from locos l     left outer join         lclass lc on lc.lcid = l.lclass     left
outerjoin       lnumbers n on n.lnid = l.lid and n.lncurrent = true     left outer join       (select lnid as lnaid,
concat(lnumber)as lnalternate from   (select lnid, lnumber from lnumbers where lncurrent = false order by lnid,

lnumber) alt  group by lnaid) na on na.lnaid = l.lid      left outer join        company c on c.coid = lc.lcompany;

--
Gary Stainburn