Re: Translation management - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Jean-Michel POURE
Subject Re: Translation management
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
On Thursday 03 July 2003 21:03, Andreas Pflug wrote:
> we talked about showing the translation status of every language in a
> web page, and I believe we should set up this quite soon so every
> translator can easily see how much has been changed in the meanwhile. As
> of this very moment, there's only one language 100 %, guess which ;-),
> because new Data View texts have been added. Can you supply script/web
> page for this that Dave can install somewhere sensible?

No problem, this is fairly easy. Wait until tomorrow and I will provide
something similar to poEdit status page. Something like:

$status = new po_status($cvsroot/src/ui);
$status->addLanguage('de_DE', "Andreas Pflug", "pgadmin3");
$status->addLanguage('fr_FR', "Jean-Michel POURE", "pgadmin3");
$status->display();

The Php class should:
- dig into the .po file to extract translator names and update dates.
- run gettext statistics script and display results with bars.
- display different colours wether the work is in early stages or complete.
- offer the ability to download files so that anyone can submit patches.

We should be able to asign files to several translators (pgAdmin3, web site or
phppgadmin3 po files).

Cheers,
Jean-Michel