Need vols to work on 7.4 Announcement - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Need vols to work on 7.4 Announcement
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Folks,

Can I have 2 people who want to take charge of the 7.4 announcement? I need
some help here because I'll be out of the country for the middle of the
month.

 Here's our timeline:

Today:  Start working on opening paragraph,
    Ask for quotes from developers
7/12: get feature list (hopefully)
    Assemble press mail-to list
7/20 deadline for 1st draft of announcement
    start work on "What about Windows Port/PITR"
7/25 deadline for completed announcement
7/30 or 8/1: announcement goes out and PostgreSQL 7.4 goes up.
    additional vol posts at "self-serve" sites like Newsforge.

Important questions to answer:
1) Do we want to address the question of "What about the Windows Port?" in the
announcement, or just have a canned response prepared?
2) Since this release lacks "sexy" features, do we want to confine it to the
"geeky" press, such as NewsForge and Linuxtoday? I feel that we should, and
save our big press blitz for the Windows port.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions