Re: [pgsql-advocacy] interesting PHP/MySQL thread - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] interesting PHP/MySQL thread
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 01:59:10AM -0300, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> Replication for PostgreSQL has been available, and in production use, for
> at least two years now ... the .ORG registry is using eRServer ... there
> was also a patch for contrib/rserv submit'd just the other week to make it
> multi-slave ... there is also pgreplication (on gborg) and dbmirror ...
> all of which have been around for ages now ...

To be fair, none of these has had much attention.  Wide deployment is
still the best evidence of full testing, and I don't know that _any_
of the replication systems for PostgreSQL have been installed and
used under a wide variety of circumstances.  The lack of a real,
built-in replication system in Postgres is a fundamental problem, and
therefore the sort of thing that people justifiably point to as a
missing feature.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110