Re: [poedit-users] poEdit compilation with Unicode/debug linked against GTK2 - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Jean-Michel POURE
Subject Re: [poedit-users] poEdit compilation with Unicode/debug linked against GTK2
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Dear Vaclav ,

Thank you very much for your answer. I thank you in advance for your time and
help.

> You *can* compile poEdit against wx-2.5 without any problems. I
> already told you what you are doing wrong: if you tell
> rpmbuild/configure to build semistatic binary, then it obeys. Of
> course it fails if you are forcing it to do something that requires
> libraries that you didn't install.

I have the necessary wxGTK2 libraries installed with Unicode and Debug options
and linked against GTK2.

I told the rpm to rebuild with semistatic, but it fails during linking. Some
library is missing.

> Either don't use
> --enable-semistatic or install static libdb, it's really that simple.
> You *don't* have to use --enable-semistatic if you don't want to use
> shared library version of wxGTK -- all you have to do is to install
> static version of wxGTK and use it.

Under RedHat 9, static libdb is available from db4-devel, probably without
debug:

[root@linus root]# rpm -ql db4-devel
/usr/include/cxx_common.h
/usr/include/cxx_except.h