Re: db problem - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Aarni
Subject Re: db problem
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi,

My answer was really from 'the top of my red hat' ...

Did you try it ? Dumping with -c switch creates a file which will first DROP
and then CREATE. There are differences with integer data types and NULL
values, though. So I'am not sure if it will work. I can't test it as we just
upgraded all machines to 7.3.3.

Someone here has an answer ?

BR,

Aarni

I was glad to receive your message!
Let me explain you my problem:
I had installed on my machine pgsql.7.2.4, I made backup.sql to the db. Then
I have installed pgsql.7.3.3 (last version) and then I uploaded backup.sql
everything was okay.
Now I have two machines. The first one running on pgsql.7.2.4 and the second
one on pgsql.7.3.3.
My problem is that I cannot upload the backup.sql from 7.3.3 into 7.2.4
because it results in error.
I cannot just upgrade the other machine too from 7.2.4 into 7.3.x because
the programs which are running on 7.2.4 don`t support 7.3.x
My question is: how can I uploade backup.sql from 7.3.3 into 7.2.4?
I look forward to hear from you! Thank you!
Daniel

Aarni Ruuhimäki
Megative Tmi
KYMI.com