From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: [NOVICE] jobs mailling list: pgsql-jobs@postgresql.org ?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Rudi,

> So as my day ends it looks like jobs.postgresql.org
> may well make it's debut as an email list.

Even if it starts as an e-mail list, I would very much like to have a web form
for employers to submit jobs, rather than submitting a free-form e-mail.
Having a web form would hopefully:
1) decrease spamming for the list admin to deal with;
2) force potential employers to fill out several fields instead of just "We
need a PostgreSQL DBA."
3) Make for an easy transition to jobs posted on the web once we have enough
traffic to justify it.
4) Have a seperate form in each language that would go to a seperate list in
each language.

Suggested form field:

Contact Name:
Contact E-mail:
Contact Phone:
Company:*
Apply Before:
Position Type: (DBA|Application Designer|Sysadmin|Performance
Tuner|Trainer|Conversion|Other)
Term: (Full Time Employment|Long Term Contract|Short Term/Freelance)
Location:
Off-site/Internet OK? (Yes|No)

All fields except Contact Phone would be required.  There would also be a note
for the *:  ( *= If you need your company's information to remain
confidential, simply put "Confidential" in the Company space.  Keep in mind
that job postings are publicly archived.)

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions