Re: Two weeks to feature freeze - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Two weeks to feature freeze
Date
Re: Two weeks to feature freeze  ("scott.marlowe" <scott.marlowe@ihs.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Bruce Momjian writes:
>
> > Well, it is a nice test template for people who aren't shell script
> > experts, and I have been in the habit of pushing stuff I use into /tools
> > so it is available for others.
>
> I know and I'm not happy about it.  The PostgreSQL source tree isn't a
> repository of everyone's favorite shell scripts.  There's an official
> method to build and test a PostgreSQL installation.  If that is flawed or
> incomplete, then let's talk about it.  But everyone pushing out their own
> little test methodology without further consideration is not going to help
> this discussion.

I put stuff in /tools so if something happens to me, you guys can keep
going.  Do I have to be clearer that that?  I have RELEASE_CHANGES,
which Tom used for 7.3.X releases, pgindent, stuff for finding
missing/extraneous includes, static requirements, stuff like that.

Unless you can find someone else who agrees with you, it stays.

Pennsylvania19073