Re: Small perf fixes/cleanup in src/backend/utils/adt/like.c... - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Sean Chittenden
Subject Re: Small perf fixes/cleanup in src/backend/utils/adt/like.c...
Date
List pgsql-patches
> > While doing some review of the LIKE function, I noticed some useless
> > bits left over from the pre-MB and converting-MB world.
>
> Isn't this patch going to destroy performance in single-byte
> encodings?  I don't think the present state of the LIKE code is an
> intermediate state --- it's exactly where we want it to be.

cpp is my friend.  I get how this was working now: didn't notice the
2nd #include "like_match.c" earlier and thought all definitions of
MatchText and MBMatchText were the same.  Tricky with the macro
expansion and redefinitions.  -sc

--
Sean Chittenden