Re: Single Instance of Backend - Mailing list pgsql-general

From weigelt@metux.de
Subject Re: Single Instance of Backend
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 12:58:45PM -0700, Dennis Gearon wrote:

<snip>
> To make clustering work, and be as redundant as possible, how do the
> clustering solutions work for:
>
> Postgres?

i've integrated clustering support into my own db abstraction in php.
the idea behind: evry table has an inode_id (global object id) and
a mtime field. my db-layer generates all the queries (the application
only sees whole objects and does not speak sql anymore). on object
creation a new inode_id is fetched from an sequence, and the mtime
is updated on each write operation. from time to time (i.e. once per
minute) an poller script runs over the db, fetches all new tuples
and posts them to the other nodes.

not very performant, but works quite good.

cu
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux ITS
 Webhosting ab 5 EUR/Monat.          UUCP, rawIP und vieles mehr.

 fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     contact@metux.de
 cellphone: +49 174 7066481         smsgate:   sms.weigelt@metux.de
 Diese Mail wurde mit UUCP versandt.      http://www.metux.de/uucp/