Re: ss_family in hba.c - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruno Wolff III
Subject Re: ss_family in hba.c
Date
Re: ss_family in hba.c  (Kurt Roeckx <Q@ping.be>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 22:49:00 +0200, Kurt Roeckx <Q@ping.be> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 03:32:32PM -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> > I was looking at this some more and now think there is something wrong
> > with the references to ss_family rather than a missing inlcude file.
> > Perhaps those were supposed to be references to sa_family or there
> > is a missing field from the socket_storage type definition.
>
> The struct sockaddr_storage should only have 1 field you can use
> and that is ss_family.  The other fields are there just to get
> the right size and padding.
>
> Does your system have it's own (broken?) struct sockaddr_storage
> maybe?

My system does have its own sockaddr_storage definition. I think
it uses __ss_ as the prefix. Also, after looking at the fallback
definition in pqcomm.h, I don't see where that defines ss_family
and hence don't see how that could work.
I am going to see if adding __ works as suggested by someone else
who replied.