Re: Errors compiling hba.c in current CVS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kurt Roeckx
Subject Re: Errors compiling hba.c in current CVS
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 02:23:31PM -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 11:47:58 -0500,
>   Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to> wrote:
> > I get the errors below when compiling on a RH 6.1 system.
> > I used the following config paramters:
> > ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/pgsql --enable-integer-datetimes --with-pgport=5433
> >
> > hba.c: In function `parse_hba':
> > hba.c:590: structure has no member named `ss_family'
> > hba.c:659: structure has no member named `ss_family'
> > hba.c:691: structure has no member named `ss_family'
> > hba.c: In function `ident_inet':
> > hba.c:1210: structure has no member named `ss_family'
> > hba.c: In function `authident':
> > hba.c:1461: structure has no member named `ss_family'
> > hba.c:1467: warning: unreachable code at beginning of switch statement
> > make[3]: *** [hba.o] Error 1
>
> I looked into this a bit more and found ss_family is defined in pqcomm.h
> which is included in auth.c which compiles and not in either hba.c or
> ip.c which don't compile.

It doesn't say it doesn't know the structure, but it says it
doesn't know the member, which is very confusing to me.

It's not making any sense at all.  The SockAddr is defined in
the same file, and it doesn't seem to give an error on that.
SockAddr also uses the struct sockaddr_storage.

hba.c includes libpq/libpq.h, which in his turn includes
libpq/ip.h, which finaly includes libpq/pqcomm.h, so that
shouldn't be a problem.

Kurt