Re: Errors compiling hba.c in current CVS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Errors compiling hba.c in current CVS
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I am working on this now.  The missing typedef for sa_family_t is really
just used for structure alignment, so I am working on a fix to define a
char array and #define to be the same length as the native ss_family,
because on my system sa_family_t is:
       sys/sockettypes.h:11:typedef u_char sa_family_t;

which seems to contradict the unsigned short as found by Jason on
Cygwin, so it seems I will have to pull out the real family length, and
use that in the structure.

Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 11:47:58 -0500,
>   Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to> wrote:
> > I get the errors below when compiling on a RH 6.1 system.
> > I used the following config paramters:
> > ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/pgsql --enable-integer-datetimes --with-pgport=5433
> >
> > hba.c: In function `parse_hba':
> > hba.c:590: structure has no member named `ss_family'
> > hba.c:659: structure has no member named `ss_family'
> > hba.c:691: structure has no member named `ss_family'
> > hba.c: In function `ident_inet':
> > hba.c:1210: structure has no member named `ss_family'
> > hba.c: In function `authident':
> > hba.c:1461: structure has no member named `ss_family'
> > hba.c:1467: warning: unreachable code at beginning of switch statement
> > make[3]: *** [hba.o] Error 1
>
> I looked into this a bit more and found ss_family is defined in pqcomm.h
> which is included in auth.c which compiles and not in either hba.c or
> ip.c which don't compile.

> TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

Pennsylvania19073