Re: Postgres performance comments from a MySQL user - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martin Marques
Subject Re: Postgres performance comments from a MySQL user
Date
List pgsql-general
On Jue 12 Jun 2003 18:52, Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 10:15:32AM -0300, Martin Marques wrote:
> > You can't expect to have a good DB server if you didn't take the time
> > to read the performance tips on the PostgreSQL Administration Guide,
> > and gone through the postgresql.conf file.
> > The same goes for any server, httpd, MTA, etc. For small load a
> > default Apache, or default Postfix will work OK, but on heavy load
> > you have to make tuning, or the system will fall to pieces.
>
> Is there a performance section in the *Admin* guide? I only see one in
> the user's guide.

Section 3.4 and 3.5 (really all 3) should be read after installing
PostgreSQL to get better performance.
I can't remember well, but I think Bruce Momjian wrote something about
performace tips.

--
Porqué usar una base de datos relacional cualquiera,
si podés usar PostgreSQL?