Re: CVS -Tip compile issue -- FreeBSD 4.8 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Sean Chittenden
Subject Re: CVS -Tip compile issue -- FreeBSD 4.8
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > > We could change
> > >     float8/i.86-.*-freebsd=float8-small-is-zero
> > >     float8/i.86-.*-freebsd4=float8-small-is-zero
>
> This change compiles / regresses fine for me, but I didn't read the

FreeBSD 5.1 imported gdtoa which fixed the handling of float overflow
and underflow conditions, which PostgreSQL used to work around Now
that 5.1 is fixed with respect to float handling, the regression tests
were b0rk3d.  The above fixes things so that PostgreSQL works in both
the 4.X and 5.X cases even though their handling is different.  -sc

--
Sean Chittenden