pgsql-server/contrib/pg_autovacuum README.pg_a ... - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From momjian@svr1.postgresql.org (Bruce Momjian)
Subject pgsql-server/contrib/pg_autovacuum README.pg_a ...
Date
List pgsql-committers
CVSROOT:    /cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql-server
Changes by:    momjian@svr1.postgresql.org    03/06/11 22:36:44

Modified files:
    contrib/pg_autovacuum: README.pg_autovacuum TODO pg_autovacuum.c
                           pg_autovacuum.h

Log message:
    This patch updates pg_autovacuum in several ways:
    * A few bug fixes
    * fixes solaris compile and crash issue
    * decouple vacuum analyze and analyze thresholds
    * detach from tty (dameonize)
    * improved logging layout
    * more conservative default configuration
    * improved, expanded and updated README

    please apply and 1st convenience, or before code freeze which ever comes
    first :-)

    At this point I think I have brought pg_autovacuum and its client side
    design as far as I think it should go.  It works, keeping file sizes in
    check, helps performance and give the administrator a fair amount
    flexibility in configuring it.

    Next up is to do the FSM based design that is integrated into the back
    end.

    p.s. Thanks to Christopher Browne for his help.

    Matthew T. O'Connor