tweaking costs to favor nestloop - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Vincent van Leeuwen
Subject tweaking costs to favor nestloop
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi,

I'm running PG 7.3.2 on a dual P3 1 GHz, 4GB RAM, 5-disk RAID 5 (hardware) on
Debian Linux, kernel 2.4.21-rc3.

I'm unable to tweak the various _cost settings in such a way that attached
query will use the right plan. Attachment contains relevant config file
settings, table defenitions and explain analyze output with some enable_*
settings turned off.

Could anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong in the query itself or tell me what
I should do with which config file setting to let the planner choose the
fastest plan by itself?

Regards,

Vincent van Leeuwen
Media Design - http://www.mediadesign.nl/