Re: [pgsql-advocacy] MySQL gets $19.5 MM - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] MySQL gets $19.5 MM
Date
List pgsql-general
Keith,

> Right, I don't necessarily hate on MySQL (or any Open Source product) but I
> know its just as a religious a talk as Linux, FreeBSD and NetBSD.  My goal

Although I don't know that there are any Linux companies who have made it a
marketing goal to eliminate BSD.   Not even IBM.

I have no problems with MySQL ... I even use it for one client.  *MySQL AB*,
on the other hand, seems to have figured out Open Source licensing without
ever understanding the OSS axiom that "choice is good".

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions