Re: parse errors when connecting to remote host - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: parse errors when connecting to remote host
Date
List pgsql-general
On Saturday 07 Jun 2003 7:03 pm, Cornelia Boenigk wrote:
> When connecting to a remote host I get some strange parse errors. Here
> the output from the console:
>
> $ psql -h hostname -U username
> Password:
> ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "."
[snip]
> my version: 7.3.2
> version on target host: 7.2.0

You've just pointed out the problem. I'm guessing it's schema-related. They
were added in 7.3 and so it's probably sending queries like:
  SELECT * FROM pg_catalog.footable...

Looks like you'll either want to ssh to the remote host and use its psql, or
install both versions of the client.

--
  Richard Huxton