Re: update phenomenom - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ian Barwick
Subject Re: update phenomenom
Date
List pgsql-general
On Friday 06 June 2003 10:58, Henrik Steffen wrote:
> Hello all,
(...)
> For me it's almost 99.9 % sure, that it's no error in the
> perl-program. There is only one command issuing exactly
>
> SQL("UPDATE $table SET $daten WHERE kundennummer='$kundennummer';");
>
> where $table is the table-variable
> $daten is what is to be set
> $kundennummer is the client-number, which is checked before to match
> exactly 9 digits.

What exactly does the function SQL() do? Is it possible that the script could
receive input along these lines?
SQL("UPDATE  table SET manio='071002'; WHERE kundennummer='071002883';")

> Could there be any postgresql-server-side explanation for this phenomenom ?
> Perhaps
> anything about corrupted indexes, or anything?

Any idea what version the server is running?

Schöne Grüße

Ian Barwick
barwick@gmx.net