Re: compile error on cvs tip - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Sean Chittenden
Subject Re: compile error on cvs tip
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> > > Ooops, my fault --- I didn't build with Kerberos support after
> > > changing those field names.
> > >
> > > Now that I think about it, there might be similar omissions in the
> > > PAM or Kerberos4 support --- can anyone try those?
> >
> > krb4 code should be removed from PostgreSQL ASAP for various
> > insecurities in the protocol.  It's been removed from FreeBSD, MIT,
> > and Heimdal's code base and is officially unsupported as of June this
> > year.  -sc
>
> Did we decide we _didn't_ want to remove krb4?  Removal seems like a
> good idea to me, but I am just checking if the consensus was to keep
> it.  I think someone said it was OK in a closed environment or
> something.  Maybe we need to document that it is not recommended.

Keep krb4 in the tree for 7.4, but before 7.4 gets released, the
documentation and release notes need to state that krb4 has been
depreciated and that it will be removed before 7.5.  I'll add submit a
patch for the updated verbiage in a bit.  -sc

--
Sean Chittenden