Re: CREATE TABLES AS looses constraints - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: CREATE TABLES AS looses constraints
Date
List pgsql-sql
Tiaan,

> It seems as if a CREATE TABLES AS does not duplicate the table constraints.
> How can I enforce this. I need the fastest possible way to make an exact
copy
> of a table. This is to support the administrative mechanism in an app where
> changes are made to a mirrored copy of a set of tables first and when happy,
> these are copied to the operational tables.

I suggest using pg_dump, on the command line:

pg_dump -T some_table my_database > some_table.pgdump;
psql -U database_owner my_database_mirror < some_table.pgdump;

This will copy triggers and indexes as well.

--
-Josh BerkusAglio Database SolutionsSan Francisco