Re: Transaction in function problem - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Transaction in function problem
Date
List pgsql-novice
Rory,

> I don't appear to be able to use transactions in functions. Needless to
> say, transactions work in psql. The function below works if I take the
> TRANSACTION bits out. Help much appreciated!

That is correct.    Functions include an implied transaction in PostgreSQL,
unless they are part of a larger transaction.   Postgres does not currently
support "nested" transactions, so any attempt to use them inside a function
will fail.

It's on the "TODO" list.

--
-Josh Berkus