Re: Different results in a loop with RECORD vs ROWTYPE... - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Different results in a loop with RECORD vs ROWTYPE...
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Tom,

I believe that we should raise an exception if the SELECT statement does not
match the ROWTYPE, though of course we'd have to provide a
backward-compatible GUC in case anyone is counting on the current behavior.

Personally, since %ROWTYPE has no efficiency gain in PL/pgSQL over RECORD, I
seldom use it, though I use RECORD about 200 times per project.

If you're still interested, I will consult my PL/SQL bible this afternoon to
see what Oracle 8i does in this case.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions