Re: Insert on create table - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Jeff Eckermann
Subject Re: Insert on create table
Date
Re: Insert on create table
List pgsql-novice
--- Yovko Ilchev Yovkov <yyovkov@vipsolutions.net>
wrote:
> Can anyone tell what I am in need of to do smthng
> like:
> When: CREATE TABLE table_1 (...);
> Automaticaly to execute: INSERT INTO TABLE newtables
> (name) VALUE (table_1);

Not with ordinary SQL.  Two choices:
1. Code this into your application.
2. Write a function to create tables, which includes
the insert.  Then use only that function when creating
your tables.  But you will still need to restrict
access to your application only, as any user who can
connect directly to the database will be able to
create tables directly.  I would prefer solution 1.