Re: Win32 patch to allow compilation - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Win32 patch to allow compilation
Date
List pgsql-patches
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Bruce Momjian writes:
>
> > I have applied the following patch to allow Win32 compilation under
> > MinGW.  The patch includes the following changes:
> >
> >     Win32 port is now called 'win32' rather than 'win'
>
> I think this is wrong-headed.  What's the reason?

I don't think 'win' is unique enough.  Win32 seems the more official
designation.

> >     new /include/port/win32_include dir to hold missing include files
>
> For the other ports we have simply named this directory after the name of
> the port.  Appending "_include" is redundant.

Well, we don't have any other port directories under /include/port, but
I see your point that they are include files, so why add _include.  I
will make the change.