Re: comparing 2 queries - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: comparing 2 queries
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Thursday 15 May 2003 2:48 pm, Martin Marques wrote:
> I have to queries that return INT values, and I want to know if one is
> less or equal to the other.
> Is it posible to put it all in one query and have a return of 1 or 0?
> I tried somethings with CASE, but it didn't work.

Assuming each query returns only one row, something like the following (note
the brackets around the sub-selects and the fact they've been aliased).

=# SELECT (a.value1=b.value2) FROM (SELECT 100 as value1) as a, (SELECT 200 as
value2) as b;?column?
(1 row)

=# SELECT (a.value1=b.value2) FROM (SELECT 200 as value1) as a, (SELECT 200 as
value2) as b;?column?
(1 row)

--  Richard Huxton