Re: Timebased user access - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Timebased user access
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 11:42:36AM +0200, Ralph Graulich wrote:

> is there any solution for granting time based access to a particular
> database or even a group of relations?
>
> For example:
>
> user "salstaf02" can connect weekdays from 9.00 am to 6.00 pm
> user "salstaf03" can connect weekdays from 2.00 pm to 6.00 pm
> user "salstaf09" can connect saturdays from 8.00 am to 2.00 pm

Yes, you should use PAM authentication and configure that accordingly.
There are a couple of pointers to PAM manuals in our documentation.

"In fact, the basic problem with Perl 5's subroutines is that they're not
crufty enough, so the cruft leaks out into user-defined code instead, by
the Conservation of Cruft Principle."  (Larry Wall, Apocalypse 6)