Re: LISTEN/NOTIFY benchmarks? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Sean Chittenden
Subject Re: LISTEN/NOTIFY benchmarks?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I'm not an expert on signals, not even a novice, so I might be
> totally off base, but it seems like the Async Notification
> implementation does not scale.  If it does not, does anyone have a
> solution for the problem of signalling a each event in a possibly
> very large set of events to a large number of clients?

<brainfart_for_the_archives> Hrm.... I should see about porting
kqueue/kevent as a messaging buss for the listen/notify bits to
postgresql... that does scale and it scales well to tens of thousands
of connections a second (easily over 60K, likely closer to 1M is the
limit)....  </brainfart_for_the_archives>

--
Sean Chittenden