Re: compile error on cvs tip - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Sean Chittenden
Subject Re: compile error on cvs tip
Date
Re: compile error on cvs tip  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
> > auth.c: In function `pg_krb5_recvauth':
> > auth.c:294: structure has no member named `user'
>
> Ooops, my fault --- I didn't build with Kerberos support after
> changing those field names.
>
> Now that I think about it, there might be similar omissions in the
> PAM or Kerberos4 support --- can anyone try those?

krb4 code should be removed from PostgreSQL ASAP for various
insecurities in the protocol.  It's been removed from FreeBSD, MIT,
and Heimdal's code base and is officially unsupported as of June this
year.  -sc

--
Sean Chittenden