Re: Log Output Going to STDERR even with silent mode on - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Steve Crawford
Subject Re: Log Output Going to STDERR even with silent mode on
Date
List pgsql-admin
Here is what your conf file has:

log_connections = true
log_pid = true
#log_statement = false
#log_duration = false
log_timestamp = true
syslog = 0            # range 0-2
#syslog_facility = 'LOCAL0'
#syslog_ident = 'postgres'

0 means route to stdout, 2 to syslog, 1 to both.

I use the following to log to syslog only on 7.3.1:
syslog = 2
syslog_facility = 'LOCAL4'
syslog_ident = 'postgres'

Choose the syslog facility that's best for you - match in syslog.conf.

Restart postgres after changing.

Cheers,
Steve