Re: ERROR: array_in: Need to specify dimension - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: ERROR: array_in: Need to specify dimension
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 23 Apr 2003, Charles Lewis wrote:

> New to postgres and trying to create a simple table with a text
> (variable length) column and getting the following error:
>
> An error occured in pgAdminII:frmSQLOutput.cmdSave_Click:
>
> Number: -2147467259
>
> Here's the schema:
>
> -- Table: public.client
> CREATE TABLE public.client (
>   clientid int4 NOT NULL,
>   name varchar(50),
>   comment text[],
>   CONSTRAINT client_pkey PRIMARY KEY (clientid)
> ) WITH OIDS;
>
> Any suggestions?

Was the error from the create or an insert (I'd gather the latter)?  In
any case, are you really sure you wanted an array of variable length text
objects (text[]) rather than just one variable length text object (text)?
:)