Re: Please some help on a join question with sum aggregate - Mailing list pgsql-general

From elein
Subject Re: Please some help on a join question with sum aggregate
Date
List pgsql-general
The other alternative is to use:

select AA.id, AA.seq, AA.price + coalesce(sum(BB.price),0)
from AA left outer join BB using (id, seq)
group by AA.id, AA.seq, AA.price;

The sum and group by seems more natural to me.  The coalesce
takes care of the case where there is nothing in table BB,
but there is something (and you want to see it) in AA.

elein

elein@varlena.com     Database Consulting     www.varlena.com