Re: For the ametures. (related to "Are we losing momentum?") - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: For the ametures. (related to "Are we losing momentum?")
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> > > Great.  I think it can be made acceptable with little work.
> >
> > IIRC, the reason Jim's patch got bounced was exactly that it offered an
> > implementation of only one policy, with no possibility of extension.
>
> I read all the comments regarding Jim's patch, but would you mind stating
> exactly what your concern is, Tom?  What do you mean by 'one policy'?

As I remember, the patch only put indexes in one place, and tables in
another place.  We need a general tablespace solution where we can
create tablespaces and put tables/indexes in any of those.

Pennsylvania19073