Re: changing column size and type. - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Rudi Starcevic
Subject Re: changing column size and type.
Date
List pgsql-sql
Ivan,

Oops sorry about that ..
I should have read your email closer.
Have you seen Joel Burton's doc at:
http://techdocs.postgresql.org/techdocs/updatingcolumns.php

Looks like you may need to use temporary tables and move
the data back and forth.

That's the way I do it.
I'm pretty sure this also how it's done using the phpPgAdmin
web admin tool.
I guess since phpPgAdmin's a web tool the task is achieved 'online'.

Cheers
Best regards
Rudi.