Re: Are we losing momentum? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Are we losing momentum?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Having good reference sites is important, and I could list as many
impressive ones as MySQL, but who has time to hunt around and get
permission to list them --- I will tell you who --- the MySQL marketing
guys, while the PostgreSQL guys don't.  :-(

http://seeker.dice.com/jobsearch/servlet/JobSearch?op=1002&dockey=xml/8/1/816e9b7e50ae92331bb5c47a791a589f@activejobs0&c=1

http://seeker.dice.com/jobsearch/servlet/JobSearch?op=1002&dockey=xml/c/8/c8dc5841d18329c6c50b55f67a7ff038@activejobs0&c=1

http://seeker.dice.com/jobsearch/servlet/JobSearch?op=1002&dockey=xml/1/6/168f30dc84b8f195d1fc35feb6a2f67a@activejobs0&c=1
>   "The Nasdaq Stock Market ... currently looking to fill the following
>    positions in Trumbull, CT...Some positions require knowledge of ...Postgre SQL.."
>

> I'm not sure quite what it'd take to get the permission to use
> these company's names, but surely we could have a list of links
> to the job postings...   I'd bet that one of monster, hotjobs,
> and/or dice would even provide a datafeed of relevant jobs to
> be posted on the postgresql.org site.
>

> If we simply had a list of companies using postgresql highly visible
> somewhere -- not necessarily a complex case study, just simple list
> of "company X uses postgresql for Y" statements -- I think it would
> go a long way.  I'll contribute.  InterVideo uses postgresql (for
> running user surveys and some internal reporting and development tools).
>
>     Ron
>
> PS: No offense to Shannon, Mohawk, Vanten, and yes, I know BASF is
>     an awesome company.  But they're all, even BASF, less of
>     a household name than Sony,Yahoo,Cisco,AOL,Nasdaq,Lockheed.

Pennsylvania19073