Re: Two 'identical' DB's not acting identically - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: Two 'identical' DB's not acting identically
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tuesday 15 April 2003 15:29, you wrote:
> Shridhar Daithankar wrote:
> > Do a pg_dump -s on both the databases to produce their schemas. Then diff
> > those two schemas to find out anything is missing.
>
> I did as you suggested just in case and found only TOC entry differneces
>
> such as:
>  > -- TOC entry 299 (OID 3953732)
>
> 3219c3219
> < -- TOC entry 300 (OID 457305)

If the databases were created with exactly same schema, even those should not
differ. But that does not look like cause of your problem.

I suggest you try running some of your subqueries by hand both of these and
see which of these return more than one row. I hope that helps.

select id from del_methods where dsc='YAMATO';

select limit_id from rel_del_limits_wards where ward_id in (select
id from wards where wards.ward=invoices.ward)

select(next_day::text || 'd')::interval from delivery_limit_types where
id=(select limit_id from rel_del_limits_wards where ward_id in (select
id from wards where wards.ward=invoices.ward))

 Shridhar