Re: Tech Docs and Consultants - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Tech Docs and Consultants
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Robert,

> Zope is installed given zwiki is currently powering the guides section
> of the techdocs site. Personally I think plone is overkill for techdocs.
> Photo Albums? Polls?  Zwiki by itself will give us what we need without
> duplicating things that should be done at the other sites.

The probblem, as I see it, is that Zwiki lacks an user+page rights
administration interface.  From the docs, one has to add DHTML code to every
single page which you want to have special rights; there's no cental
management.

From my perspective, we need a system which supports the following rights
options, *without* requring hand-tweaking of the DHTML of each page:
-- Only admin can edit the page
-- Only the original submitter and the admin can edit the page
-- Only registered users can edit the page
-- Anyone can edit the page

We also need a system that allows uploading of files and embedding of images
by users.   And I would prefer one that supports heirarchy trails at the top
of the page to help users navigate.

Doubtless Zwiki could be improved to include all these things.   But as I
don't even do Python, I'm not the one to do it ...

--
-Josh Berkus

                                        Josh Berkus
   Complete information technology     josh@agliodbs.com
    and data management solutions     (415) 565-7293
   for law firms, small businesses      fax 621-2533
    and non-profit organizations.     San Francisco