Re: Are we losing momentum? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: Are we losing momentum?
Date
Re: Are we losing momentum?  (Sean Chittenden <sean@chittenden.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Tuesday 15 April 2003 05:48, you wrote:
> Regardless, I'm still of the opinion that if you build it, they will come
> -- particularly costly features like replication, PITR, etc. But maybe
> that is what the BSDs say about Linux?

That is an unfair comparison. The technical differences between BSD and linux
are not as much as postgresql and mysql. Besides what is the parallel of SQL
standard in OS world? POSIX? And both BSD/linux are doing fine sitting next
to each other on that.

After porting my small application in less than half an hour from linux to
freeBSD and vice versa, I really do not agree with that comment. Not even in
the spirit of it.
Shridhar