Re: Has anyone seen this error? I cannot login into my database. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From P G
Subject Re: Has anyone seen this error? I cannot login into my database.
Date
List pgsql-general
You're exactly correct.  Thank you.

But now I may have a bigger problem, because I need
multiple versions of PostgreSQL to exist on a Cobalt
system and deleting the Cobalt PostgreSQL database is
not an option, because it makes administering the
system more difficult.  So, how do I get psql to point
to the correct library?  I am not sure I can simply
remove it and have the other database continue to
function correctly.  I have already updated
/etc/ld.so.conf with the directory containing my
libraries for the alternate PostgreSQL database on the
system.  pg_config --configure also shows the correct
--libdir.

TIA.